Anjuna Beach – the hippiest beach of North Goa
Anjuna Beach is one of the best beaches in North Goa. From adventure water activities to beachside parties and romantic dates to shopping, everything is on the list when you come to Anjuna beach. The beach is suitable for all budget experiences. You can enjoy a lavish beachside honeymoon experience or the more adventure thrilling experience with your friends. Anjuna beach welcomes all.
Both the ends of Anjuna beach are activities centred. On the southern end, you will find the rocky headland while on the northern end you can enjoy the various water sports. The sunrise and sunsets at Anjuna are a sight to behold.
Apart from all the beach experience, you should not miss the magical beachside shopping fun at Anjuna beach. But note that the Anjuna flea market is open only on Wednesdays. So, if you have a Wednesday on your holiday days, you must visit the beach on Wednesday. You can enjoy beachside affordable shopping with enchanting music in the air.
If you visit Anjuna two things must be one your list: Purple Martini and Anjuna Flea Market.
How to reach Anjuna Beach:
- From Goa International Airport- Dabolim: Anjuna beach is only 24kms from the airport.
- From Panjii – The distance between the beach and Panji is about 18kms. It will take around 40-45 mins by bus from Mapusa.
You can take a cab from the airport at an affordable rate from the airport. From Panjii, Goa’s capital you can easily board a bus. But, I would suggest you take a cab to the beach or any Airbnb nearby taking your tiredness from the flight into consideration.
Best time to visit Anjuna Beach:
The best time to visit Goa is the winters. The months begin from November to March. The weather of Goa, during this whole time, is at its best.
I would not recommend you to go to Goa during the summers, as it is too hot.
Water sports at the beach:
The beach offers tremendous water sports activities. Some of the not to miss water sports at the beach are as follows:
- Banana rides
- Snorkelling: exploring the underwater world
- Boat ride
- Jet ski ride
Nightlife at Anjuna Beach:
Anjuna is a party hotspot. The parties here are totally engaging and fun. Some of the clubs that offer rocking parties experience are:
- Cafe Lilliput: It is an amazing cafe for you to enjoy delicious cuisines under the starlit sky.
- Curlies: The place might appear off if you visit it in the daytime. Curlies come to life at night. The place has a special touch for everyone from party lovers to haters, everyone can enjoy the most perfect beach vibe.
- Club Cubana: Club Cubana is located on the Arpora hills. The view from the club is breathtaking. The club has it all, tasty delicacies, spectacular vibe, amazing parties and all at an affordable rate.
Must visit restaurants:
Purple Martini:I visited many restaurants at Anjuna, but no restaurant can take over Purple Martini for food, taste, ambience or view. Purple Martini is a paradise. The sunset I saw at Purple Martini was mesmerizing. I tried the non-vegetarian cuisine here. It was the best in taste and evenly cooked. The spices used were in perfect quantity. I can just go on and on and on about Purple Martini.
You will fall in love with purple martini.
Other places to eat are:
- Eva Cafe: The cafe on the rocks at Anjuna beach.
- Oasis cafe: For the ambience of wall plates, local eateries as well as international cuisines. Goan fish curry is a must to try.
- Cafe Looda: For delicious North Indian food.
Places to stay near the beach:
There are several resorts in and around Anjunabeach for you to enjoy your holidays here. But, if you want to look for something more affordable and homelike, you must consider the Airbnbs.
The Airbnbs are well maintained and serve as holiday homes away from homes. The ambience of the Airbnbs is hostile and clean. I stayed at an Airbnb which was very near to Anjuna beach and was affordable too. But if you like to enjoy the lavish side of the holidays or you are on a honeymoon you must stay at some of the amazing resorts at Anjuna.
Some of them are:
- Casa Anjuna
- Country Club de Goa
- Inn Anjuna
- Evershine Guest House
Other places to visit near the beach:
- Anjuna Flea Market: The most happening place for you to shop is the Anjuna flea market in North Goa. Here you can find everything from hippies jewelry to souvenirs to cheap clothes. To add on to your shopping experience, there is music all in the air. You must visit Anjuna Flea Market. Note that the market is only open on Wednesdays.
- Agauda Fort: It is a Portuguese monument that dates back to the 17th century. The Aguada fort faces the Sinquerim beach which is on the same shore as Baga. You can explore the lighthouse present here.
- Chapora Fort: It is yet another fort, built by Portuguese. It offers a mesmerizing view of three beaches, Anjuna, Chapora, and Vagator.
- St. Anthony’s Church: The tourists are attracted to the church’s fine architecture, structure, and neo-gothic style. It is dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua.
So, this was pretty much about the famous Anjuna beach of north Goa. I hope you find the article and my experience helpful in planning your visit to Anjuna beach. For more such travel guides with tips stay tuned.