Candolim Beach – rich in Goan Culture
If you want to explore the different aspects of Goan culture, you must make someplace for the Candolim beach in your Goa to visit list. The Clubs, party spots, shacks, and dispersed shopping hubs flank the Candolim beach. Also, Candolim beach is the part of the Goan trio of beaches. It comes along with Baga and Calangute in the trio.
Candolim beach is also located in North Goa, like Baga and Calangute beaches. It stretches along with the Aguada fort. Candolim beach is known for its beauty with fewer crowds. This feature makes it a regular spot for foreigners in Goa. The nightlife at the beach is lit like Baga beach.
Candolim is also cherished for its water sports. Water activities like parasailing, snorkeling, jet-skiing, and scuba diving are a must when you come to the beach. Candolim beach has a very similar vibe to Baga beach in terms of nightlife and Anjuna beach in terms of shopping. There are two markets to visit at the Candolim beach.
How to reach Candolim beach:
- From Goa International Airport- Dabolim: The distance between the beach and the airport is about 38kms, and it takes around an hour to reach the beach from the airport.
- From Vasco de Gama railway station: The beach is around the same distance of 38kms from the station.
You can take a taxi, bus or a cab to the beach from any of the options. My suggestion would be that you should go to your Airbnb first. And better to choose your Airbnb somewhere near the beaches, which makes connecting between them easy and less tiresome.
Best time to visit Candolim beach
The beach offers a mesmerizing view and activities throughout the year. But to make the most of your experience, you should visit the beach in the months from April to November. And if explicitly speaking about time, the best time to visit the beach is between 6 am to 6 pm. So, you enjoy the beautiful sunset and sunrise.
Water Sports at the beach:
As discussed earlier, Candolim beach is famous for its water activities. Here you get a variety of water sports to make your adrenaline rush high. Some of them are:
- Bumpy boat riding
- And Scuba Diving.
Nightlife at Candolim beach
If you ask me to rank Candolim beach in the sector of nightlife. I would honor it with the second rank after Baga beach. The nights and parties here are not to miss if you are a party person. Let yourself go with the flow of the Candolim beach.
Some places that you should not miss for thrilling nightlife are:
- Bar-Square Goa: This is an open-air restaurant cum bar famous for its craziest parties. You can enjoy both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the restro.
- SinQ Beach Club: The club is known for a super amazing and party frenzy crowd. To add to the place, you have a dance floor to set on fire and an indoor night club to hang out with friends and family. The club also has a billboard area for you to chill and play.
- Bar 1: The club is known for its multilevel dance floor. The party level here is thrilling and amazing. It also has an open-air bar. The seating arrangement is posh with a separate seating arrangement for ladies. So, if you want to go to a full vibe club with your girl gang, this club must be on your hit list.
Some restaurants to try the Goan cuisines and taste a variety of prawns, fishes and other food items are:
- Inferno: It is the most famous restaurant at the beach, especially known for its delicious cuisines and sweet mocktails. The place sets the vibe with its music and lively ambiance.
- Teama: Teama is retro cum club about a mile from the beach. It would be best if you visited the restro at night. Here you can enjoy your food with live karaoke performances and entertainment programs organized at the restro regularly.
- Claudina’s Shack: This is yet another restaurant that will amaze you with its amazing watery Goan cuisines.
Places to stay near the beach:
There are several resorts in and around the beach for you to enjoy your holidays here. If you want to look for something more affordable and homelike, you must consider the Airbnb.
The Airbnbs are well maintained and serve as holiday homes away from homes. The ambiance of the Airbnb is hostile and clean. I stayed in an Airbnb, which was very near to the beach and was affordable too. But if you enjoy the lavish side of the holidays or are on a honeymoon, you must stay at some of the amazing resorts at Candolim.
Some of them are:
- 360-degree beach restaurant
- De Alturas resort
Shopping at the Candolim beach:
- Newtons Market:
The Newtons Market is more like a supermarket in Candolim. You can buy everything from here from fruits, vegetables to local wine, and green tea. You can also shop from the branded stores located here.
- Delfinos Supermarket:
Delfino’s is a well-known supermarket near the beach where you can shop for personal products, home amenities, and other things.
So, this was pretty much about the famous Candolim beach of North Goa. I hope you find the article and my experience helpful in planning your visit to the beach. For more such travel guides with tips, stay tuned.